[ILUG-BOM] [Fwd: FYJC admission only through IE (Democracy on question mark?)]

Roshan kubunturos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:54:32 IST 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Krishnakant wrote:

Krishnakant,

> Look at this real situation.

Absolutely! It pops up a big message stating that "this" browser is
not supported. That shocked me!

> On one hand we are facing terrorism from companies like Microsoft which
> will play all these dirty games and to help them the other side is our
> government where such currupted pimps are sitting to spoil all the
> educational system by denying even the basic freedom of choosing a
> software as small as a web browser.

The ability of Microsoft to be pervasive has rather been easy due to
less number of people being actually aware of the other side of the
"Micro-soft" world. ;) Essentially, we are still catching up with the
ability to market and advertise to the extent they can. More so,
developers of such software / webapps essentially need to realize
(irrespective of the closed source / open source) that it has to run
for people on computers they use and not for
"my-tested-software/computer".

But as a community it is difficult for us to come up and say to the
'developers' of this product ... "Look boss, I have this CLICK-TO-RUN
product which would run perfectly on any OS / browser and that it is
more sturdy, comparatively less susceptible to failure and can handle
volumes of requests."
When we have something of that sort, which can be marketed such a way,
all that would be needed is individuals who can directly talk to MKCL!

--
Roshan Baladhanvi