[ILUG-BOM] how to play vcds or svcd in ubuntu?

Rony Bill gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 20:43:25 IST 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Kussh Singh <kussh.singh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am going around in circles trying to get to play vcds in ubuntu 9.04.
>
> Have installed vlc , mplayer medibuntu etc but they don't seem to help.
> Also have installed the w32codecs, mjpegtools, etc but the story is the
> same.

You did not mention the error you get when you try to play VCDs. However
assuming that you face the same problem that I had faced too, when you try
to play a VCD, you come to the disc selection menu. After selecting VCD, at
the bottom you will find a text mentioning your cd drive. It has an hdx part
in it. change that hdx to your actual drive letter. Then play.

Rony.
GNU/Linux
No Viruses
No Spyware