[ILUG-BOM] [Fwd: FYJC admission only through IE (Democracy on question mark?)]

Krishnakant krmane at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 00:08:32 IST 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 23:46 +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Mehul Ved<mehul.n.ved at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Siddhesh
> > Poyarekar<siddhesh.poyarekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> You might want to see the javascript errors in Tools > "Error Console"
> >> in Firefox (don't know where in Opera but there should be a section).
> >> The offending function is probably OpenPopUpCollegeCode(). Look for it
> >> in the page (couldn't find it in the page you pasted) or in any
> >> included scripts.
> >
> > Here's what I get
> >

> Give up, the guy has used ASP.net to write the crap, which means
> there's layers and layers of crap before you can understand what's
> happening. Add to that scripts like the ContentBox.js, where
> everything is on line 14 :P
>
> Two of the developers working on this: Anoop Nair and kapil Bajaj. The
> website was created by OASIS. If there is no Hall of Shame for
> software vendors who cannot get their act together, there should be
> one now. Maybe a page on wikipedia or something popular enough so that
> it hurts them.

It will hert them some day or the other, but the war is very long.
People are afraid to loos clients and specially government based
clients.  Organisations like MKCL will never even care to take this as
an issue,  I had a talk with another culprit named Sawant from MKCL, and
according to him "windows is an important part of computers and the only
standard thing in education ".

> On the brighter side, looks like the site is under maintenance, so
> hopefully they are doing something to correct it.

Hopefully they will not do *only* firefox for another blunder.  Here the
question is not foss but a matter of basic choice of a web browser.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.