[ILUG-BOM] Data recovery after formatting ext3 to ex4 partition

narendra sisodiya narendra.sisodiya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 00:59:01 IST 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Rony Bill <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:

> they say 'Bad luck kharab chal raha hai'. Anyway did you try out
> ext3undel?
>
> --

Yup... I did, and thanks I was able to recover a lot of data but with
disarrange and numbered file names. full data is not recovered. I am just
transferring them to other drive because after running it I am now unable to
open some presentation which i created 2 days back. some more problem I
noticed after recovery process. So I planned to reinstall(with backup)
Fedora 11 again.

PS: Actually the trouble started when i clicked the upgrade process (using
preupgrade) for upgrading my friend's system from fedora 10 to fedora 11.
Upgrade did not worked fully. something went wrong system was unable to boot
properly. So my friend asked to install ubuntu. Now after this he is again "
*yaar vo fedora hi theek tha, vo hi install kar de*"
--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )