[ILUG-BOM] [commercial] nrc-foss certifications

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Oct 7 13:50:29 IST 2009

On Wednesday 07 Oct 2009 9:57:53 am Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:
> > obviously if the certification is in demand, trainers for it will also be
> > in demand. We will certainly help train trainers. But since we are the
> > certifying authority it would be unethical for us to involve ourselves in
> > training.
>
> One popular North American Linux Vendor (of which CentOS is a
> community edition) whose certifications are sort of an accepted
> standard in the Industry does have authorized training partners all
> over the world. I know of 2 places in Mumbai that trains and are
> authorized exam centers for this Linux vendor at the _same_time, one
> is Vibrant in Andheri and other is Ultramax at Dadar.

I assume you are talking about RedHat?

> So do you mean to say having training partners is an unethical thing
> and that this particular popular North American vendor is doing
> something unethical conducting certification  tests and having
> training partners 'coach' the potential certification candidates  at
> the same time ?

no I am sure that Redhat has a complete separation of it's training and exam
conducting departments on one hand and the certifying department on the the
other hand.  They are well aware of the ethical considerations and probably go
to great lengths to be correct in this department.

> I even know that this North American Linux Vendor
> _did_conduct_training_ programs_for_partners' in Kovalam in Kerala a
> while back.

so what is your point?

--
regards