[ILUG-BOM] [commercial] Linux Internals & Device Drivers Programming - Fast track courses

santosh rao santoshrao99 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 01:16:11 IST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Raghu Prasad <prasad.raghu.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! Nilesh,
>
>> Hi,
>> My friend has started consultancy. They provide fast track courses of Linux
>> internals & Device Drivers Programing for just 3500/- per module
>> (introductory prices).
>> Please check http://levanatech.in/
>>
>> Anybody interested can contact.
>
> On their website following is mentioned:
>
> Linux Internals & Device Drivers Programming (5 Days)
>
> Boot Process, Kernel recompilation
> Implementing System Calls
> Multi Process & Multi Thread Programming
> IPC Mechanism & Programming
> Debugging
> Kernel Module Programming
> OS Services & Data Structures
> Character Device Drivers
> Bock Device Drivers
> Hardware & Interrupt Handling
> Network Drivers
>
> Since number of hours were not mentioned explicitly, I assume
> that about two hours per day of training time is involved; like in
> other institutes. Now I wonder whether all these things could be
> covered in just 5 days. A clear mention of training hours may
> help prospective trainees to  estimate the depth of knowledge
> imparted in such sessions.
>
> Raghu

Similar course was offered by CETE (affiliated to Dept of Information
Technology) here in Pune and they were aiming for 8hr /day for 5 days.
I guess it would have to be that much to get anywhere close to
understanding these concepts clearly.

--
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not
become one." - Friedrich Nietzche