[ILUG-BOM] CA offers to test GNUKhata

Saswata Banerjee & Associates scrapo at saswatabanerjee.com
Mon Jan 4 17:10:55 IST 2010

On 1/4/2010 2:29 PM, sankarshan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Saswata Banerjee&  Associates
> <scrapo at saswatabanerjee.com>  wrote:
>

>> There is an exe file that my client downloaded (after ubantu failed to
>> install apache from its own repository for some reason)
>> When the exe was run, it first installed apache server on windows
>> then it installed mysql on windows
>> and then copied the php codes to the relevant folder
>> and created the database in mysql
>> initiated the browser and took it to the login page of the crm.
>>
> What you are pointing out is a function of packaging the application
> and, configuring the dependencies/requirements appropriately so as to
> enable install the application plus the relevant packages and, then
> using a sample configuration file to start the service.

Absolutely right sir,
What i was saying is that vtigerCRM made it very easy to install and run
it, where geeky expertise was not needed and first time adoption by the
client happened.
I saw some earlier comments on it regarding security issues on
postgressql packaged with GNUKhata (i dont know if thats the same
thing).....