[ILUG-BOM] CA offers to test GNUKhata

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:32:19 IST 2010

Mehul Ved wrote:
> All-in-one installers are good for quick and easy trial of the
> software but when you go to production you should not be using them.
> When moving to production, you should be using the release provided by
> the vendors/distibutions separately so the administrator can update
> each component as and when needed instead of waiting for gnukhata team
> to release updates that fix vulnerabilities in the other components.

Just curious to know if the separate packages can be installed using a
single batch script. That would serve both purposes. I recently
purchased an all-in-one PSC of HP (K209a). I downloaded the hplip
package for Linux and it ran apt-get commands to download more
independent packages and installed them all in one script.

Rony.

GNU/Linux !
No Viruses
No Spyware