[ILUG-BOM] CA offers to test GNUKhata

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:12:04 IST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 10:47 +0530, Rony wrote:
> If people are careful with their critical doze systems and don't use
> them for entertainment or play, avoid using pen drives and opening mail
> attachments on the net then the systems run quite smoothly until the
> hardware itself begins to get unstable.
> GOSH! such a lot of restrictions for keping an OS "SMOOT".
This is by no means freedom.  not ideologically and not practically as
well.
If such a lot of care is to be taken of a machine then why use such an
OS in the first place?

> A tip: In case anyone wants to transfer data from a good machine to a
> suspected one without getting the USB drive infected, use a Data card
> that has a R/W lock. After filling in the data, lock the card to read
> only and transfer data to the infected machine without any tension. USB
> card readers and lockable micro SD cards are very cheap to procure.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Rony.
>
> GNU/Linux !
> No Viruses
> No Spyware
> Only Freedom.

Yes no virus and all that.  just practical comfort and complete freedom.
I don't know why should people pay the cost of not using their pen
drives and above listed restrictions for keeping the machine running
smooth?
I have every thing on my ubuntu box and do just about a any thing with
it.  I don't have to take care of all this.
And now don't give me that microsoft's cheep "rattu tota " kind of
answer "since windows is popular there is virus, when linux will become
popular you will hav same problems!"

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.