[ILUG-BOM] CA offers to test GNUKhata

Saswata Banerjee & Associates scrapo at saswatabanerjee.com
Tue Jan 5 17:13:58 IST 2010

On 1/5/2010 5:12 PM, Kartik Mistry wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Saswata Banerjee&  Associates
> <scrapo at saswatabanerjee.com>  wrote:
>
>> Most of the real biggies use ERP
>> But i have used tally in a US$15 million export house (actually ran
>> their accounts)
>> and worked with another company Rs. 175 Cr multi-location shipping line
>> who used tally purely till we moved them into erp.
>> We used to have upto 3500 primary transactions and another 1500
>> secondary transactions each month in the export company.
>>
> Can you please test GNUKhata as per $subject of thread?

Ok, i didnt want to discuss this in public, but since you asked.
I was there at the launch of the software. I saw some basic problems
which i discussed with the lead developer (there was a lady, i fogot the
name).
I offered to sit and work with them and to test it if it meets my
requirement.
She promised to get back to me and fix the time of when to do it (i cant
install it without help actually)
but never happened. Didnt hear back from them.
so dropped the idea

regards
saswata