[ILUG-BOM] Wireless connection problem.

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Fri Jan 29 20:11:58 IST 2010

On 01/29/2010 06:49 PM, Rajen M. Parekh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to establish wireless connection on my wireless router if
> I choose "Do not broadcast SSID" setting on the router.
Firstly, why exactly are you choosing to not broadcast your SSID ? You do
understand that doing so does not really affect the security of your network,
right ? (that is just security by obscurity, for real world security use WPA)

Secondly, just a shot-in-the-dark, with NetworkManager running, right click the
nm-applet and choose the option 'Connect to a Hidden Wireless Network ...' and
check whether that option lets you connect.

hth,
cheers,
- steve

--