[ILUG-BOM] Linux desktops for new users

Richard Victor Correia richard at florix.net
Mon Feb 15 10:11:35 IST 2010

Hi,

One of my friend is in cargo business having 7 PCs.

He asked me to buy windows XP licenses for all 7 PCs.

His employees just check emails and work on office documents such as word,
excel, powerpoint.

I told him that Linux can be used easily with few hours training for above
mentioned things. I also explained the stability and cost effectiveness of
it.

Now the question is, which distribution should we suggest? Which desktop
environment? Which email client (closer to Outlook look and feel) ?

Please suggest.

--
Thanks,
Richard Victor Correia