[ILUG-BOM] [SPAM] Re: Linux desktops for new users

sudheer k muhammed sudheerkmuhammed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:54:25 IST 2010

for a linuxgeek ok ...

will be able to figure out what is ubuntu gentoo suse bsd redhat fedora
debian knoppix sabily centos slackware mandriva ,mint.....

hearing all these a normal winow user may become dishearted "there is a
problem of many"

one couldn't test all  in his life time ....

to smooth transition we shoud be able to guide.....

that was my whole point......

many of my friends does not migrate for the same reason.......

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:

> sudheer k muhammed wrote:
> > Let the poor user use windows.....
> >
> > people gave such huge diversified answers ....
> >
> > he  will be at the end of the day perplexed...
> >
> > this is exactly why people are not coming to linux....
> > let him start with any linux whch meets his specs....
> >

> The user will only use KDE or Gnome in any distro. It is for the guy who
> will set it up to decide on which distro. This guy has to be
> knowledgeable or else the migration can become a disappointing
> experience for all.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Rony.