[ILUG-BOM] [SPAM] Re: Linux desktops for new users

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:22:15 IST 2010

sudheer k muhammed wrote:
> for a linuxgeek ok ...
>
> will be able to figure out what is ubuntu gentoo suse bsd redhat fedora
> debian knoppix sabily centos slackware mandriva ,mint.....
>
> hearing all these a normal winow user may become dishearted "there is a
> problem of many"
>
> one couldn't test all  in his life time ....
>
> to smooth transition we shoud be able to guide.....
>
> that was my whole point......
>
> many of my friends does not migrate for the same reason.......

The whole point is that installations are done by experts and using is
done by users. This rule applies to any OS. The normal windows user only
uses the system, he does not install it. Installation is done by the
'computerwalla' who is supposed to be an expert.

Unless you are using a mobile device where it is not possible, try to
post your reply below the original text.

Rony.

GNU/Linux !
No Viruses
No Spyware