[ILUG-BOM] Linux ADS

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:53:39 IST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Anurag <anurag at gnuer.org> wrote:
> 2010/7/23 Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com>:
>> List Admins, please take a firm stand on top posting. Thanks.
>
> people get offended.

+1

While most people abide by mailing list etiquettes, I am of the
opinion that the content of the poster is more important than format.

If the poster is adding value to the discussion; that IMO is more
valuable than the form.  Of course, the poster can be gently reminded
about adopting mailing list etiquettes.

In my early days of participation in USENET (late 80s) and mailing
lists I was guilty of such "offences" but learnt the right way over
time.  On a few occasions, my posts were adding value to the
discussion but they were rejected by the admins simply because it was
not in the "right" format.

My two cents.
-- Arun Khan