[ILUG-BOM] Linux ADS

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Tue Jul 27 14:03:34 IST 2010

On 07/27/2010 12:53 AM, Saswata Banerjee & Associates wrote:

> On 26-Jul-2010, at 11:16 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>
>>  I remember when BLUG was alive, there was a draconian policy of moderating top
>>  posters - I am ashamed to say that I was a lead nazi in that movement. I
>>  remember being moderated once because I did not trim under the post and
>>  another time because I did not leave a blank line between the quoted matter
>>  and my reply.  I had written a script to periodically scan the lists I was
>>  member of and calculate the percentage of top posts. We brought down the blug
>>  lists from about 70% to around 1-2%. I now only protest against top posts when
>>  they mess up the thread. I used to reformat the top posts when replying - but
>>  found it too much work and also the posters *still* did not understand. So let
>>  us continue with gentle persusasion.
>
> I can think why the BGLUG is no longer alive

Well, if you were being sarcastic, let me dispel your assumption. It wasn't due
to the draconian top posting policies. If you really want to know and if someone
feels like narrating it, you might just get a history lesson about FOSS in
India, which IMHO, makes for a good movie script :)

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/