[ILUG-BOM] Linux ADS

Piyush Ranjan piyush.pr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 00:19:30 IST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

> On 07/27/2010 12:53 AM, Saswata Banerjee & Associates wrote:
> >
> > On 26-Jul-2010, at 11:16 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> >
> >>  I remember when BLUG was alive, there was a draconian policy of
> moderating top
> >>  posters - I am ashamed to say that I was a lead nazi in that movement.
> >>  remember being moderated once because I did not trim under the post and
> >>  another time because I did not leave a blank line between the quoted
> matter
> >>  and my reply.  I had written a script to periodically scan the lists I
> was
> >>  member of and calculate the percentage of top posts. We brought down
> the blug
> >>  lists from about 70% to around 1-2%. I now only protest against top
> posts when
> >>  they mess up the thread. I used to reformat the top posts when replying
> - but
> >>  found it too much work and also the posters *still* did not understand.
> So let
> >>  us continue with gentle persusasion.
> >
> > I can think why the BGLUG is no longer alive
> >

> Well, if you were being sarcastic, let me dispel your assumption. It wasn't
> due
> to the draconian top posting policies. If you really want to know and if
> someone
> feels like narrating it, you might just get a history lesson about FOSS in
> India, which IMHO, makes for a good movie script :)
>
> cheers,
> - steve
>
> --
> random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/
> what i'm stumbling into: http://lonetwin.stumbleupon.com/

Frankly this top posting bottom posting stupidity should be history. Use an
email client which can fold the text of old emails/thread properly and it
would stop matter-ing. For me with gmail bottom posting is pain! I would
rather top post as it is faster. When you really need to reply to something
post inline.

anyway