[ILUG-BOM] Linux desktops for new users

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Thu Jul 29 20:29:56 IST 2010

On 07/29/2010 06:52 PM, Rajeev Nair wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM, steve<steve at lonetwin.net>  wrote:
>
>>  On 07/29/2010 05:12 PM, Rajeev Nair wrote:
>>

>>>  Maybe not significantly, but Ubuntu has a specially constituted UI team
>>>  working on enhancements to the GNOME UI, one case in point being the
>>>  indicator applet ,the menu options on the windows which will have some
>>>  additional options other than close , minimise etc .
>>>  Also, the sound applet is quite different than the GNOME one as of
>>>  maverick
>>>  ubuntu 10.10.
>>>
>>>   Don't want all the Ubuntu fanbois to get their underpants in a knot, but
>>  ORLY ?
>>
>>  http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2010/07/28/gnome-census/
>>
>>  Ubuntu contributing back ?
>>
>>  Iam not sure why you have aimed this at me or what 'underpants in a knot'
> means , i was just replying to a query posted by Arun Khan about the
> differences in the UI.I havent mentioned if its a change  for the better or
> whether i like it or not.

*sigh*, since when did 'all' start meaning 'you' ? ...and 'underpants in a knot'
is just an expression[1], and i replied mailed it to the mailing list. Ok, I
apologize if I managed to offend you. It was unintentional. The only reason, I
even replied was to dispel the mistaken notion that Ubuntu does anything
community related. Ubuntu is a bad community member.

cheers,
- steve

http://www.google.com/search?q=underpants+in+a+knot

--