[ILUG-BOM] Ubuntu 10.04 installation on Acer 5740 Core i5 and 3 GB RAM

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:44:04 IST 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010 07:00 PM, Revant Nandgaonkar wrote:

> ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx has some known issues
> "Intel 8xx X freezes/crashes"
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes
>
> Workaround here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Bugs/Lucidi8xxFreezes

Thanks for the link. In my Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop pc, I tried out the
initial commans with option A. It made changes as I can see smaller text
font before GUI starts and I can switch easily between console and X in
my pc. However the problem of display crashing is still there and what I
am observing over the weeks is that it happens 99 percent when I compose
mails in Thunderbird 3+. This is the third time I am trying to complete
this mail. I hope I can send it before the display crashes again. I will
look up the net if it is some Thunderbird bug.

--
As a proper list etiquette...
Please trim your replies.

Regards,