[ILUG-BOM] Linux desktops for new users

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:16:56 IST 2010

On Friday 30 July 2010 12:45 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> I bought a netbook with Suse for my daughter - gave it to her and said
> probably sound, movies, wireless and tata indicom wont work, if they don't
> give it to the lab for the geeks to tweak - but everything worked out of the
> box.

Hardware compatibility issues are generally kernel version based. I have
Fedora 12 in my machine and it has display hanging issues too. Those who
are given Ubuntu should be given a fully setup system instead of making
them 'do-it-yourself'. Ubuntu's biggest advantage is its Live + Install CD.

--
As a proper list etiquette...
Please trim your replies.

Regards,