[ILUG-BOM] Ubuntu 10.10 user experience with broadband datacards

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:03:20 IST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have downloaded the Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop and alternate install ISO images
> last night.
>

> My first impression of Maverick is that the performance seems snappier.
> The System>Appearance dialog now has the Visual Effects tab included by
> default, so you can go and choose your compiz effects level immediately.
>
> That is all I have time for right now, and obviously many of the early
> adopters among you will have something to add by way of comments.

To add, since I am running this from a Live CD ISO, now there is a
persistent nag dialog asking you to choose to Try or Install Ubuntu to your
hard disc everytime you boot and reach the graphical desktop.  It would have
been alright if whatever it does post making a choice did not slow down the
boot completion to much longer than in 10.04.