[ILUG-BOM] Regarding accessing public ip in lan

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 23:52:06 IST 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 10:27 AM, Dattatray Kamble wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I have public ip's range 118.y.y.1 - 118.y.y.5
> Squid is running on 118.y.y.1 ( eth1 )&  192.x.x.1 ( eth0 )
> My vsftpd is running on 192.y.y.5 in internal lan.
> Now i want to use one of my public ip 118.y.y.2, for accessing vsftpd from
> outside.

These are your earlier statements....

"Internet ---> Proxy (Squid) ------> FTP server

                   eth0-192.y.y.y             192.y.y.y
                   eth1-118.x.x.x "

" I want to configure ftp to different public ip other than squid's
public ip. "

" If i apply DNAT rule then i can access the vsftpd system locally with public ip.but i can't access the system on lan.."

"this 118.x.x.x is no where assigned in the network so where should i apply port forwarding if no ethernet card available for that ip."

" It's the Public IP pool provided from ISP. The IP's not configured
anywhere in the network. "

"If any request coming towards 118.y.y.y with port XXXX should forwarded
to 192.x.x.x with port XXXX. [This was already your solution]

I want to assign above rule through iptables. But i don't want to configure the public ip for vsftpd anywhere. "

"I have public ip's range 118.y.y.1 - 118.y.y.5 Squid is running on 118.y.y.1 ( eth1 )&  192.x.x.1 ( eth0 )
My vsftpd is running on 192.y.y.5 in internal lan. Now i want to use one of my public ip 118.y.y.2, for accessing vsftpd from
outside."

Go through the above statements and see what a mess you made with your query.

--

As a proper list etiquette...
Please trim your replies.

Regards,