[ILUG-BOM] ODBC version on Linux

Roshan kubunturos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 21:52:16 IST 2010

Binand,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan  wrote:

>> Oracle is installed on a Linux Server. I have been trying to find out
>> the version number of odbc installed on the server. However, I am not
>
> ODBC is a client-side API. You install ODBC Manager and the database
> driver (in this case, Oracle) on the client machines that want to
> access the database server.

Thanks for figuring out some 50% of what I had intended to say despite
writing almost-like an incomplete email. I did not want to write such
an email but I think I was in a hurry just to know a solution. My
apologies.

So, to elaborate further Oracle 10g is installed on RHEL 5.4 and this
machine acts as a database server. An application (J2EE) connects to
this database, where the application itself is on another RHEL 5.4
server.

Now, there's a different application (haven't been informed which
tech. stack) wants to access the same database and connects via ODBC
driver (I do not the details of how it does it; probably via a DSN).

So the question is, if the application is on Linux too (RHEL / Fedora)
how can one find the version of the driver?

I'm sorry if the question still sounds incomplete but this all that I
know about the question.

--
Roshan Baladhanvi