[ILUG-BOM] Configuring hylafax on CentOS 5.5

Mukesh Yadav mak.gnu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 01:18:16 IST 2010

Hi,
  I'm trying to setup and configure a fax server, the server is
in remotely located.  I installed  hylafax by following this
http://www.sertec.ca/howtos/HowtoInstallHYLAFax.html.

I have the following configuration.

Modem : conexant d850
version : hylafax 4.4
OS  : CentOS 5.5

when I try to run sendfax I get following output  but the fax is not being
send,

[root at localhost hylafax]# sendfax -vv -n -k ‘now +1hour’ -m -d 18003177796
/home/administrator/Desktop/fax.pdf
Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
220 localhost.localdomain server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.4.4) ready.
-> USER root
230 User root logged in.
+1hour’: Can not open file

I checked log and its empty.

I even cant say if the server is able to detect the modem, can any guide me
how do detect the modem and configuring the server ?

--
Regards
Mukesh Yadav