[ILUG-BOM] A suggestion

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:33:59 IST 2010

2010/12/28 jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in>:
> Besides co-operatives deal with goods, rather than services.

??? Where did you get that from? There are hundreds if not thousands
of cooperative banks in India. ICH is a restaurant chain run by a
cooperative. Look at the number of CHS in Mumbai - what goods do they
deal in?

> Consequently it is relatively simple to account.

Didn't get what you meant here. You mean to say that dealing in
"goods" is simpler for CAs to manage? If yes, in what way?

> A model which bears some resemblance to the proposal is temp staffing.

That is an operational model. The question is what legal entity works
in this case. The two are different concepts. You can very well have a
cooperative that deals in temp staffing (indeed, in my home state -
Kerala - there are several such cooperatives).

Binand