[ILUG-BOM] A suggestion

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:44:01 IST 2010

Greetings,

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:

>> > Let the customer get the benefit of cost and decide on quality.
>> > Why should an open-source list that's mostly for fun get into
>> > commercial agreements.
>>
>> Cooperatives are not commercial entities. They are supposed to work
>> for the common benefit of all members (which is what is being
>> proposed here). If I remember correctly, LUG-Delhi is a
>> cooperative.
>
> Besides co-operatives deal with goods, rather than services.
> Consequently it is relatively simple to account.
> In the rare cases where they deal with services, the services are in a
> very well defined and narrow spread. In contrast we have an extremely
> broad spectrum with a very divergent set of skills and performance
> level.
> A model which bears some resemblance to the proposal is temp staffing.
>
> --
> Rgds
> JTD

Thank you all for responding magnificiently, taking it to the next level.

Now, Who defines the notion of the word "value" for further discussion.

Seriously, one needs to consider that the very nature of this nework
is to pay (service) tax first. Any suggestions from microfinance
players, if any, in the group?

Regards,

Rajagopal