[ILUG-BOM] FOSS profit

jtd jtd at mtnl.net.in
Thu Dec 30 01:59:03 IST 2010

<sagar.belure at gmail.com>wrote:

> > > Do the home work. Grep the list for every possible variation on
> > > this question.
> > > Doing ones homework and then offering others the answer is one
> > > wonderful method of earning money on foss.
> >
> > Well, thanks for wasting time and giving the useless reply.

The ops reply has not made it to my inbox as yet - looks like my
mailserver is trying to findout which is dumber, the op or the reply.

> > Although, I felt that talking about FOSS on LUG list gives me
> > feeling of freedom.

Talking? you were asking questions without research. Infact you are
now demanding answers without even bothering to understand the reply.

> > PS: When one has got nothing to say/point to some URLs, better
> > not waste time of your own and others deleting such mails.

That is  a personal attack. But given the level of intelligence we are
dealing with I will let it pass.

Get this clear: BEFORE you ask questions, you research and post the
results of your research. Then others will reply based on your
understanding or lack thereof.

One of the very good methods of making money is studying some topic of
interest, then writing articles and holding seminars - one way of
providing answers. Do you have the faintest clue how sought after are
such people?.

FOSS is vast ecosystem of every concievable tool imaginable and
invariably many thousand before you have faced the same problem and
found solutions, usually by a bit of research, many suggestions and
sometimes by writing code. The nature of the net is such that all
such exchanges are archived and google throws up the answers.

But if you expect to sit on your derriere and get answers you are
going nowhere.

--
Rgds
JTD