[ILUG-BOM] Seeking: Scanners compatible with FOSS OCR , application for building Contacts database
jituviju at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 10:17:16 IST 2010
I propose to purchase a scanner and also use the same , among other things,
for reading Business cards of contacts to build a database.
1. Can I assume that using any scanner I can get pdf files and the same
can be OCRed ( using pdfocr script which uses Cnueiform )
2. Are there any scanners I should avoid
3. Any experience or Contra-indication against Canon LiDE 100 .
4. Any application that reads the business cards and intelligently (or
interactively) give parsed data from business card
5. Any recommendation for FOSS application for building a database for
contacts using scanner/OCR/manual effort
More information about the Linuxers