[ILUG-BOM] FOSS profit

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Fri Dec 31 22:47:09 IST 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 20:42 +0530, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> > That's because your business model is based on a flawed premise: that
> > by
> > giving a GPL software to one person you are obliged to share it with
> > everyone in the world.
>
> my dear chap, I am talking about open source software - where the code
> is up in a public repository - as the key part of my business model is
> to get outside developers involved. It is not only the best model to
> develop good software at lower costs and sustain the app - it is also an
> affirmation of the stand that it is immoral to keep source code closed.
>
> I am no expert on the GPL and it is quite possible that what you say is
> true - I have seen any number people/companies using the GPL to develop
> software in a closet - and keep it there. Which is why I avoid the GPL
> as restrictive of freedom.
> --
> regards
> KG

<fiction>
Going to Book Library is a  "restriction of freedom", I cannot create noise
or speak loudly. Too bad, it prevent me to use my basic right to speak. That
is my I call library is  a place for restriction of freedom and I do not go
to Libraries.
</fiction>