[ILUG-BOM] Seeking: Scanners compatible with FOSS OCR , application for building Contacts database

Venkatesh Hariharan venkyh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 20:34:45 IST 2011

On Android phones there are several business card apps that you can use. I
use CamCard to take photos of business cards. The application then neatly
does an OCR and files away the business cards in the contacts, with phone
numbers, mobiles, faxes all appearing in the correct fields. Some amount of
editing is required but by and large, it does a good job. It also stores the
card as an image so one can review it and correct details at a later date. I
found it a very useful application.

Venky