[ILUG-BOM] Please use appropriate subject line (Was Re: Fwd: [PLUG] GNUnify '11)

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:05:11 IST 2011

2011/2/2 Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net>:
> Didn't I write "USUALLY"? But what you say about backend processing is

Well, I did ask you for one of these "usual" signature examples where
a signature authentication is not required.

> the messages with pgp keys is more meaningful than you just writing your
> name below every message. Because anybody can write any name below the
> message, but nobody other than me can pgp sign a message with key id
> A6FEF696. If you want a proof that the name mentioned on the key A6FEF696
> is really Nitesh Mistry, you are always welcome to meet me and I can give
> all the documents in the world to prove it (and no I won't bite you ;) ).

The point from day one is that it carries no additional meaning in a
mailing list context; all you are doing is reducing the S/N. If you
cannot grasp that, why bother?

In any case, I don't want to continue this argument any further as I
mentioned in the previous mail. I do understand how a geek code or a
pgp signature add to someone's geekness (irrespective of whether they
are contextually appropriate or not). So carry on.

Binand