[ILUG-BOM] Photoshop Replacement required.

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:06:46 IST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Shamit Verma <subs.linux.mum at vshamit.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Kshitij M Kotak
> <kshitij_kotak at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> A start-up in E-commerce, subsidiary of a 100-crore group is looking for
>> Web-site designers and Graphic Designers on Open-Source alternative.
>>
>> Can my friends here guide me on what is a good alternative
>>

> Paint.net is a good alternative. Its good enough for Web Designing.

Is this what you are referring to?

<quote from search engine result>

Paint.NET is a freeware raster graphics editing program for Microsoft
Windows, developed on the .NET Framework. Originally created as a
Washington State ...

</quote from search engine result>

Further reading at the site shows it is supported only on Windows
platform (.NET).  OP was asking for open source alternatives.

I second other's suggestion about GIMP and Inkscape.

-- Arun Khan