[ILUG-BOM] Sync and backup with latest modification time

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:24:49 IST 2011

2011/4/14 Sagar Belure <sagar.belure at gmail.com>:
> Using this, destination is modified based upon the filesize differences.
>
> How do I make rsync to take backup based on latest modified time, doesn't

Your understanding of rsync is incorrect. From rsync(1):

"Rsync finds files that need to be transferred using a "quick check"
algorithm (by default) that looks for files that have changed in size
or in last-modified time. Any changes in the other preserved
attributes (as requested by options) are made on the destination file
directly when the quick check indicates that the file’s data does not
need to be updated."

Binand