[ILUG-BOM] Sync and backup with latest modification time

Sagar Belure sagar.belure at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:04:12 IST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan <binand at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/4/14 Sagar Belure <sagar.belure at gmail.com>:
> > Using this, destination is modified based upon the filesize differences.
> >
> > How do I make rsync to take backup based on latest modified time, doesn't
>
> Your understanding of rsync is incorrect. From rsync(1):
>
> "Rsync finds files that need to be transferred using a "quick check"
> algorithm (by default) that looks for files that have changed in size
> or in last-modified time. Any changes in the other preserved
> attributes (as requested by options) are made on the destination file
> directly when the quick check indicates that the file’s data does not
> need to be updated."

Ok.
Pardon my misunderstanding, but it still says that,
"....files that have changed in size or in *last-modified time*...."

Or, if not rsync I wish to fulfill my requirement.
Is there any other utility that would do the job for me?

I take regular backup for the files and folders. I had been doing it
manually.
Or maybe I should think of making a bash myself?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Sagar Belure