[ILUG-BOM] Screen brightness problem in ubuntu 10.04

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:13:47 IST 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 01:47 PM, Piyush Ranjan wrote:
> Is anyone else having same problem?
> I have the same problem on my Acer aspire 5738. Brightness control works
> *before* kernel has loaded i.e. after bios loads but before kernel loads. I
> have tried a few things and nothing seem to work. I adjust it during boot
> up, if needed.

My Acer 57?? has the same problem. I cannot recollect if it worked but I
had tried to adjust brightness to a fixed setting by adjusting the
'Power Management' settings in the 'System' menu.

--

Freedom is a shared resource. Take some, leave the rest for others.
Please trim your replies. Avoid cross posting to other lists.

Regards,

Rony.