[ILUG-BOM] Configuring Dnsmasq server

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:18:42 IST 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 03:32 PM, Mukesh Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 and I have installed dnsmasq to resolve local domain
> say www.example.com. In dnsmasq I have configured these settings.
>
> address=/example.com/127.0.0.1
> listen-address=192.168.0.3
>
> The dnsserver is my laptop on which I have my xampp too. On my laptop I have
> given 192.168.0.3 as default DNS and it works fine. when I type
> www.example.com on Browser.
>
> On my desktop I'm running Windows which is having 192.168.0.2 IP. But the
> desktop is not resolving www.example.com
> I have changed default DNS to 192.168.0.3 and these two machine are
> connected via mtnl router and also I'm able to ping vise versa.

Have you modified the LAN IPs of your PCs and MTNL router to be on the
192.168.0.0 network? If your LAN and dns machine is on 192.168.1.0 LAN
then 192.168.1.3 should be your listening address.

--

Freedom is a shared resource. Take some, leave the rest for others.
Please trim your replies. Avoid cross posting to other lists.

Regards,

Rony.