[ILUG-BOM] CsvToKicad released.

Linux linux at trustedmachines.com
Wed Apr 27 14:23:32 IST 2011

On Wednesday 27 April 2011 12:53 PM, Akshay Mishra wrote:
> We have used gEDA for our Cortex-M3 based designs. The schematic is
> completely in gEDA. However, for layout we had to use commercial tool for
> the size required.
>
> gEDA works like a charm and I could not but smile when I could even 'make'
> my schematics. :-))
>
> If any of the members have been able to exploit layout with open-source
> tools for>2 layers please let me know, I'd love to share some notes.
>
> -Akshay
> Principal Engineer,
> DSPWorks,
> www.dspworks.in

I have used Kicad in many projects. Schematic capture is very good.
For PCB kicad with freerouting.net is good combination.
But now I am doing a complex design which will have 6+ layers with
BGAs+DDR2.
I am using kicad, please let me know if some one has done design of similar
complexity with any open source EDA tool.
Also I would like to know of major limitations, which might require
special attention.

Thanks And Regards
Balwinder Singh