[ILUG-BOM] Reliance 3G USB Mobile Broadband Dongle

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:01:56 IST 2011

Hi,

Have Anyone configured Reliance 3G USB Mobile Broadband Dongle on Ubuntu
Linux 10.04 ?

I can see it in dmesg and lsusb,but the NM applet does not detect it. I have
added usbserial and options in /etc/modules and rebooted the laptop still it
does not get detected by NM (Network Manager). Have added usb-modeswitch and
usb-modeswitch-data. I have the latest modemmanager and NM and Tried all
options but works fine in Ubuntu Linux 10.10.

Any clue ?

Regards,

Kaushal