[ILUG-BOM] Long time to detect Reliance Data Card

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat May 21 11:03:00 IST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM, H.S.Rai <hs at raiandrai.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > These devices get detected as usb memories / pen drives. Unmount the
> > volume and then it is ready.
>
> No. On my system (Ubuntu 10.10), it does not mount as storage device.
> So, as such neither I can mount it, nor unmount it.
>
> Any other reason / possibility?

In my experience, it usually takes a minute, at the most two.  In the mean
time, I amuse myself by right-clicking the NetworkManager icon and going to
settings > mobile broadband, with the irrational hope that doing so will
activate the modem.  It is like a religious experience.

If the thread I had posted earlier does not help, you could try asking Josua
Dietze of usb_modeswitch for help.