[ILUG-BOM] Why are We Cross-posting ??

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Sat May 21 15:55:43 IST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net>wrote:

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 07:21:13AM +0530, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> > IS it not possible to have one ILUG group so cross posting can be
> avoided?
>
> Is it possible to have a single LUG globally so that cross posting can
> be completely eliminated?

I wish if it can happen..
but I strongly recommend for a single mailing list for BOTPG (Bharat Open
Technology Promoters Group) so that dedicated people who want
to promote FOSS/OpenStandards can work collaboratively. I basically
recommend TASK - based mailing list... If purpose of two mailing list
overlap 100% then they must merge otherwise collaboration is ok.
Also, till now, foss promotion and contribution is done at individual level
(or at a small group) but till now we (the people of Bharat)
never shown-ed any Unity...