[ILUG-BOM] Long time to detect Reliance Data Card

Rony gnulinuxist at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:34:47 IST 2011

On 05/21/2011 10:56 AM, H.S.Rai wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Rony <gnulinuxist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> These devices get detected as usb memories / pen drives. Unmount the
>> volume and then it is ready.
> No. On my system (Ubuntu 10.10), it does not mount as storage device.
> So, as such neither I can mount it, nor unmount it.
>
> Any other reason / possibility?

In your terminal run 'sudo tail -f /var/log/messages' and then plug in
your modem. Observe the messages till they stop and then see if your
modem is ready by then.

--

Freedom is a shared resource. Take some, leave the rest for others.
Please trim your replies. Avoid cross posting to other lists.

Regards,

Rony.