[ILUG-BOM] Tata Photon+ Data Card EC156

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:33:21 IST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried this?
>
> 1. Drop to a terminal and get root
> 2. Search for the path to usb_modeswitch or usb-modeswitch and
> usb_modeswitch.conf
> 3. Issue /path/to/usb-modeswitch -I -W -c /path/to/usb-modeswitch.conf
> 4. Check dmesg output to see if the mide has been switched
>
> Of course, you'll also need to check if the device was correctly
> identified.  Is it a Huawei card? Its ZeroCD mode identifier would be
> 12d1:1446.
>
> ---sent from my Notion Ink Adam---

Hi Nishit Dave,

[29984.647468] usb 2-1.5: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 113
[29984.742212] scsi12 : usb-storage 2-1.5:1.0
[29985.741838] scsi 12:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HUAWEI   Mass Storage
   2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
[29985.757759] sr2: scsi-1 drive
[29985.758110] sr 12:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr2
[29985.758380] sr 12:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg4 type 5
kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 113: ID 12d1:1505 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ sudo usb_modeswitch -I -W -c /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf

Reading config file: /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf

 * usb_modeswitch: handle USB devices with multiple modes
 * Version 1.1.6 (C) Josua Dietze 2010
 * Based on libusb0 (0.1.12 and above)

 ! PLEASE REPORT NEW CONFIGURATIONS !

DefaultVendor=  not set
DefaultProduct= not set
TargetVendor=   not set
TargetProduct=  not set
TargetClass=    not set
TargetProductList=""

DetachStorageOnly=0
HuaweiMode=0
SierraMode=0
SonyMode=0
GCTMode=0
KobilMode=0
MessageEndpoint=  not set
MessageContent=""
NeedResponse=0
ResponseEndpoint= not set
Interface=0x00

InquireDevice disabled
Success check disabled
System integration mode disabled

usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 15 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
usb_os_find_devices: Found 113 on 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 112 on 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 004 on 002
skipping descriptor 0xFF
skipping descriptor 0xB
skipped 2 class/vendor specific endpoint descriptors
skipped 6 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipping descriptor 0x25
skipped 1 class/vendor specific endpoint descriptors
skipped 22 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 003 on 002
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 002
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 006 on 001
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 005 on 001
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipping descriptor 0xFF
skipped 1 class/vendor specific endpoint descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 004 on 001
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 003 on 001
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 001
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 001
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
No default vendor/product ID given. Aborting.

kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$

Please suggest further.

Regards

Kaushal