[ILUG-BOM] Using grep 'AND'

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at xlncenterprises.com
Tue Feb 26 14:36:51 EST 2013

Here you go.....

mount | grep -q home
HOMESTATUS=$?
mount | grep -q backup
BACKUPSTATUS=$?

if [ $HOMESTATUS -eq 0 -a $BACKUPSTATUS -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "You got both man, do your thing..."
        exit 0;
else
       echo "Error -- either home or backup missing -- Or is it BOTH !%$!!@#%!"
       exit 1;
fi

Regards
R. K. Rajeev

P.S. : Dont rely too much on mtab, a read only filesystem situation
might mean you have old/stale data in it, always pipe live mount
command or use /proc/mounts.