[ILUG-BOM] Fail-Over & Load-balancing

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:30:08 IST 2014

Greetings,

Dear Sunny long time no see... Happy Diwali.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Siji Sunny <sijisunny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please guide, to select the right technology/solution (Ofcource OpenSource)
> to do so. Its seems complicated for me because of the dynamic data (eg: If
> a user watching video and fail over happens, he should get seamless
> streaming without interruption).

Having worked on some of the aforementioned technologies+ putting
virtualisation on top of it, it is almost impossible in case the box
serving it fails with the current open source offerings.

Only VMware is somewhere near seamless video streaming and last I
heard of it is VERY expensive.

You may call me up and I can explain the issues in detail. If you do
not have my number, here it is nine, nine three zero six three three
eight five two.

Rajagopal