[ILUG-BOM] Stitch In Time

Milind Oka oak445 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:42:53 IST 2016

National Education Policy 2016 :

" For the first time, the Government of India is embarking on a
time-bound grassroots consultative process, which will enable the
Ministry of HRD to reach out to individuals across the country through
over 2.75 lakh direct consultations while also taking input from
citizens online " - http://mhrd.gov.in/nep-new

We all know the benefits of FOSS and also the miserable state of FOSS in
our country. Needless to say that the root cause lies in ICT Education.

The draft, which is available for download, does not give any importance
to  open source. It only refers it once or twice.

Please do send email to nep.edu at gov.in by 31st July 2016, in order that
Free and Open Source Software would play the central role in ICT Education.

Even a one-line email supporting FOSS in ICT Education will count.

Kindly share it on other Linux groups and other places.

Thanks and Regards

Milind