[ILUG-BOM] Petition Published on Change.org

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 01:42:15 IST 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Milind Oka <oak445 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please go through and review for typo and other changes.
>

> https://www.change.org/p/petition-for-mandating-use-of-free-and-open-source-software-in-new-education-policy-2016

Great job Milind for taking the initiative and everyone who
contributed to the content.

Each of us can Tweet / FB / G+ and other social media + ask our
friends + professional network to endorse it as well.
(I will post the OP in some of the other ILUG mailing lists.

I signed the petition  with the following comment "Information
Technology is going to become more and more pervasive in our lives.

The next generation applications will require collaboration across
social / gender / political / geographical boundaries.

The industry will need a workforce with deep domain knowledge to
implement and deploy secure applications.

In my opinion, Open Source Software philosophy has already proven that
the above model works and thus it is the best option to teach IT/
Computer Science to the future generation.

Countries that adopt Open Source in their education policy will be
winners and those who ignore it will be losers."

Thanks.
-- Arun Khan