[ILUG-BOM] Computer usage

Harsha Godavari h.godavari at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 25 21:23:55 IST 2016

I am looking for information regarding the use of older hardware from i486 and up. Ofcourse I am only thinking of end users who consider a computer as just another tool to get done whatever they are doing.

Considering that many distros are beginning to require 64-bit CPUs running at Ghz speeds, needing Gigabytes of RAM and HD space, I was wondering if the old hardware is really E-waste or can still be used for some Email/Web surfing , nothing fancy . I would appreciate any info / sources you can provide.

regards
harsha godavari