[ILUG-BOM] Computer usage

Milind Oka oak445 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 07:30:47 IST 2016

Nice suggestions Arun,
In fact we can use them especially with dot-matrix printers to print
pre-printed stationary. Fortunately dot-matrix printers are available
today.
With any preliminary RDBMS like dbase, we can put them on cash counter
with dot-matrix printers to give receipts. It is really fun to use
command line on them. You can really use them in various ways. In fact
exploiting their power is a great skill that students should learn.
I started my computer journey in 1989 with IBM pc XT, 4.77 MHz (Not GHz
!) and 64k ram. I enjoyed working on them (mouse was not there on most
of the machines).
486 is a feast for me !