[ILUG-BOM] and now debian does me in ...

Rajeev R. K. rajeevrk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:12:15 IST 2016

Hi All,

The vga= option is long deprecated in favour of the video=xxx option, which
allows both selection of the frame buffer drover and its resolution,
refresh and other parameters.

However, Mayuresh, your problem is not the console resolution, but rather
the console font. The default console font is designed for low res
displays,  and as such looks tiny when you are on a high res screen. What
you need to fix is the font setting in the /etc/default/console-setup file.
Look at /usr/share/consolefonts for various font face and size options, and
pick one that you like. You can use the setfont command to try them out
before you decide what foes in the config.

P.s. these paths are Debian/Ubuntu specific. RHEL/Fedora derivatives use a
different location.

Regards
Rajeev