[ILUG-BOM] Website for ILUG-BOM

Anurag gnurag at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:50:38 IST 2017

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Raghavendra Kamath <
raghavendr.raghu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Now that we are having the meetings on every second Saturday.
> I think we should have a central place to post updates, announcements
> pictures recorded sessions etc for archiving purpose and also for
> convenience of others in the group.
>
> Do we have a website? I searched but I couldn't find it. I think we have
> the domain http://ilug-bom.org.in/ which has a note pointing to the
> mailing list.
>
> What do you guys think about creating a website?
> It can be static, generated via Jekyll or pelican.
>
> Rushabh had an idea of hosting from GitHub pages, I think it is good idea
> if hosting space is a problem.

I support this option too. We used to have a wiki, a rails based website,
and one based on zope over the time. But as serveral members mentioned
here, setting up the website is easy, keeping it up to date is a task.

IMO, github (or gitlab pages) based static website would be the best bet. A
jekyll/hugo/pelican powered static website maintained via ilug-bom
organization in github that accepts PRs from the community - lets try this?

Anurag